11.8.11

we are here

We have arrived in Berlin. In Paul and Nadia's beautiful and light filled flat, which as far as I can tell is situated on Berlin's Sesame Street. Or is every Berlin street like this? There is a playground every 30 metres and yesterday it was a rare sighting to see an adult without a child (and the child without a bandana or scarf round its neck). I'm not sure it was like this five years ago but maybe I wasn't looking. 

We had a morning straight out of a farce comedy. The hot water wasn't working and required many phone calls and languages and an electrician with a moustache and a fantastic pair of green overalls. I was excited to speak some german as this man was the first german I have met whose english is worse than my german.

After so much thinking and preparation, we are here. I can't quite believe it.



















The view from our balcony at half past eight last night.

1 comment:

  1. And so it begins! Can't wait to see what's next. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete