23.8.11

post minimal

©Anja Beutler
Last night I saw 2: Dialogue with Lucinda by Nicole Beutler/NB and oh my did I love it. It was a kind of cover version of two of Lucinda Childs' works/scores from the seventies with all the intense structure but with humanism and theatre too, and a tiny bit of dry humour. I think Nicole Beutler might be totally up my alley. It got me thinking about minimalism in dance, and though I know no one could ever accuse The Fondue Set of being minimal, it made me remember the tightness of the concept of The Hoofer. A kind of messy minimalism. Post minimal theatrical or something like that. And it got me excited about the possibilities of my scoring project with Gail. And made me think much harder about structures for my current solo work. And meant that Wendy and I spent pretty much all day today devising and trying to fulfill tricky word scores. So it was good in all kinds of ways.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with me also finally finding good coffee near the studio this morning, but that was good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment