5.11.11

tear jerker

I've found myself somewhat prone to tears of late. The most embarrassing being waterworks on the verge of uncontrollable during the debrief session at Matchpoint when Donna was talking. In case anyone from Matchpoint is reading this, I just thought I'd show how easy it is for me to cry. Today, I happened upon the Berlin Marathon. It was late in the afternoon so it was towards the end of the race. I was riding my bike through the sunny streets and there in front of me was a man resplendent in lime green lycra, a man who was by no means an athlete, a man who was clearly overweight, in green lycra no less. But he was running and the five people who happened to be on the street were cheering, and all of a sudden I was crying. I don't want to be patronising. I couldn't run a marathon. But then I don't think I'd want to either. I was crying because there was something about the spirit of this man, and the gap between fantasy and reality. I won't go on. I don't want to cry all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment