10.9.11

matchpoint

Yesterday I began the Asia Pacific exchange at HAU in Berlin called Matchpoint. At lunch there was a conversation that went like this:

"Do you have Muji in Australia?"
"No."
"NO?! Uniqlo?"
"No."
"NO?! H &M ?"
"No."
"NO?! Zara?
"Yes, but only just..."

These are my kinds of people.


That evening, we watched a show by a group from Japan called Contact Gonzo, which was like nasty contact improvisation, all messy and violent. The antithesis of what contact is meant to be. Sort of fighting really. 
Emma and Elizabeth (and Martin and Dean) will be excited to learn if they look closely at the photo that Contact Gonzo is Yuya our translator from our trip to Osaka. Who would have ever thought I would have run into Yuya in Berlin? The world of dance is small.

I'm so behind on this blogging. I'm going to try to catch up somehow.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. That was me asking I believe. Now when I read this I was thinking: globalization and nationalism, which bothers me more? Just recovered from a bad flu, as if run over by a truck. How are you? Enjoy Europe. Hopefully winter will not be harsh as last year. Stay in touch and take care!
    Dick

    ReplyDelete